Bashing stuff with a shovel

A friend asked me to do this review so lets talk about Shovel Knight one of the quintessential indie games of the last 14 years. Shovel Knight is a near perfect experience that now encompasses 4 seperate game modes that have been added one by one by Yacht Club Games over the years. My first experience with SK was at a Gamestop Vita kiosk. I played the demo for 8-10 mins and absolutely loved it. I asked the Gamestop employee if they had it in stock and he told me it was download only, I immediately went home bought it and downloaded it to my Vita. Now I said this game is almost perfect, before i get into why it's great, let's mention what sucks about the game. The chip tune music blows, it's just terrible, I never listen too it because i hate it so. With that out of the way let's get to everything thats great about the game: the graphics, the tight responsive gameplay and the petfectly tuned difficulty (in shovel of hope at least, specter of torments boss fights are brutal). Speaking of the extra modes what started off as a game with one character slowly blossomed into four seperate characters that all play differently from one another. I love shovel and specter knight the best, followed by plague knight while I've been disappointrd by the final king of cards expansion. While the brief action segments are fun i just don't find the card game worth while or easy to learn. Still Shovel Knight is a glorious experience, absolutely a must have. -A Retro Raider

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Switch Ports you should avoid

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg